Monday 5 May 2014

The things we do for a ride.

One doesn't strive for excellence in academia for the money. But the fun you can have often compensates for this. We played around with some intramuscular EMG (electromyography - measuring muscle activity) in my thigh today.

8 of 18 holes. A proud doctor in the background leaving me to fend for myself.

Biomechanics is a fascinating area of science permitting amazing discoveries of function in our musculoskeletal system and to participate in the experiments yourself really opens your eyes to how your body functions. That is fun.

Strangely enough pretty much everything I do nowadays ends up on a bike. So after a while I was having this much fun.


A comfortable 20 minute incremental test where Watts and pulse and stuff weren't priority for a change.

The things we do for a ride :-)

/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment