Friday 23 May 2014

Really short but pretty hard.

This weekend is going to be a family weekend. This suits me completely; both Pearls are with Jan at Norvelo to put the new one together, it's supposed to be beautiful weather to do some outdoor activities, I feel like I need to catch up on some sleep and also after a sequence of 300 km, 300 km, 225 km (solo, night) and 400 km the last four weekends it feels appropriate to not do any real distance for a change. Then the 600 km rides start next week with the first ever KBCK 600 km from Barkarby!

So I've decided to do a block of short, interval training four days in a row. Although this intensity doesn't often get used on long rides, it is still an advantage to increase the aerobic capacity so that a higher level of work can be maintained for longer without having to exhaust your capacity. Well that's the theory anyway.

So after a series of 4-8-4-3 minute maximum intervals on my ride home from work yesterday, I did 4x4 on the Monark today. I feel great now, a few hours afterwards, but they were pretty sickening for a while there.
 
Long time no see mate!
 
Tomorrow I aim to do a short ride with a time trial and some intervals and then hopefully another Monark interval session on Sunday. I think this feels quite clever :-)
 
 
/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment