Monday 24 March 2014

Testing the legs

The first ride in spring, when you ride with someone else is always a bit nervous and exciting because you don't really have a clue how your form is. Will I make a total fool of myself? Just manage to keep up? Absolutely dominate the others?

Anyway, I had a rendezvous with Danne from happymtb.org and snäckan fame, to ride a few hours on Södertörn yesterday. I was a bit worried because he had just come back from eight days training on Gran Canaria. When I got up the view out the window wasn't very tempting.

Rain. 1 degree.
 
Incidently, the "snäckan" group isn't called that as an insinuation of their snail-like speed, but because of their meeting place in Huddinge.
 
Snäckan. "The Snail". And a Pearl. A real aquatic theme to go with the rain.
 
We ended up having a fantastic ride of just over 100 km and realised that we were on very equal levels so the 5 - 8 minute leads were even and fast. My legs felt good but not too cocky... Unfortunately we were riding too hard to think of taking photos; Danne's shaved calf muscles were defintely worth a photo, but I'm sure he didn't feel at all like photographing me.
 
Unfortunately we couldn't ride longer because I had to be home by 1 pm to help with grilling sausages by the lake. Sounds lovely, but after a ride like that this can actually be a surprisingly physical demand.
 
Matti's Place.
 
I was a bit jealous of Danne who could just throw himself in the sofa and watch Milan San Remo on TV, but it was really nice at the lake as well.
 
Ah, I forgot to mention that I'm enjoying being without a mobile phone so much that I still haven't sorted out a new one. But I did borrow Johanna's old Xperia (without sim card :-)) to take photos with. So to prove my botanical claims concerning the first blåsippor in the forest:
 
Look out wikipedia!
 
I rounded off the day taking Annika to a football game all evening and after a Duvel finally crashed blissfully in bed.
 
/Toni
 

No comments:

Post a Comment