Wednesday 29 January 2014


Where I’m going

Part II: 2015

After what promises to be a pretty intense 2014, my goals for 2015 are maybe, at least so far, quite modest. They can basically be described as: Paris – Brest – Paris.
This mastodon event was my introduction to riding longer than 1000 km in 2011 (a little bit about my PBP2011). As I mentioned earlier, this was the ultimate KBCK roadtrip. We stayed in a fantastic hotel, in which we plan to book exactly the same rooms, opening up to the hotel courtyard, in 2015. We had a great couple of days prior to the ride, including the legendary night eating couscous, drinking couscous-appropriate schnapps and talking couscous-appropriate bollox (I won’t show the couscous-appropriate video here). The part that was most legendary was Johan the next morning (the day before PBP) quietly wailing in his bed “why does it always end up like this?” KBCK preparation for a long ride… The actual ride was sort of an interlude before we drank some wine to celebrate and ordered a ton of pizza because you need protein after training. On the way home to Sweden we ended up buying a busload full of Belgian beers.

The team bus to Paris in 2011
It went so well and KBCK is planning the same trip again next year. For myself, I have vague plans of riding under 50 hours, but without a support car (which I don’t want to have there) that’s tight. And it is still quite a while away, so I’ll see what happens.
PBP requires qualification. This means that I need both a preliminary qualification this year, which I hope Sverigetempot will take care of, but also a complete brevet series of accredited 200, 300, 400 and 600 km rides in 2015 before PBP. But they are fun and quite routine!

A few days ago PBP came out with its first official English version of their 2015 homepage. Only 563 days left.
Can’t wait!!!!!

At present there is only one other aim for 2015. That is to make sure that by the end of the year I have a qualification ride completed for the Race Across America (RAAM) 2016.
But more about that later…

/Toni

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Kul att du fick tag på den där bilden av den fina, fina skylten vi tillverkade.
    Vilka minnen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Vilka minnen! Fick äntligen lite tid att läsa din blogg. Jösses vad jag längtar till Paris nu.
    /Johan

    ReplyDelete