Wednesday 18 February 2015

Max.


I've been a bit sceptical to this, especially with a bit of a cold lately, but decided to test if I had a "high enough capacity" to be part of a training research project at work. So early this morning I turned up at GIH and met Daniele who has this as part of his PhD project.
Without further ado I was on the Monark and doing first a submaximal VO2 test and then a VO2max test. One of the scientific questions being how well these two correlate in well trained athletes. I was hoping Daniele would let me in the room anyway...


But it went OK. I did a maxtest with a VO2 of 4.76 l/min (a small peak over 5, but apparently that doesn't count :-)) which, for someone as big as me ends up being a humble 56.3 ml/kg/min. Daniele was happy enough and even though I was in the lowest range of accepted subjects I am allowed to join in all the invasive fun the next few weeks :-)


And I'm happy that I may have a new parameter that I'm going to be World Champion at: W/(l/min), try and work that one out :-) I ended up finishing after 30 s on 440 W.


It wasn't all this much fun :-). This was warming down wondering what had happened to my legs.


Looking forward to a month or two with Daniele. I think...

/Toni



No comments:

Post a Comment