Wednesday 4 June 2014

Sverigetempot fast approaching!

I was just getting some information together, studying details etc for Sverigetempot 2014 and stumbled across this again and got pretty excited about the result list at the bottom: http://sverigetempot.blogspot.se/

I really can't wait. And at the same time I'm doubtful of even wanting to do this again! 2100 km is very, very long... So it's a strange cocktail of feelings, but I assume it's healthy to have this respect for such an event.

Things are starting to come together: travel to and accomodation and meals in Riksgränsen are booked. The bike is more or less ready with a few details still to go; the major problem being that I need to drill open the fork tube innerspace to be able to get the cable from the hub dynamo to my USB loading device through. I would like to find a proper workshop to do that for me.

I've checked the  Sverigetempot route a few times and most of it is very similar, so it will be a different feeling to know what to expect. I will make use of the bagdrops again - it seems silly not to take the opportunity to have more food/clothes/etc on the way and I really appreciated for example new socks, pants, shirt, some more energy bars, some new cream for sensitive areas and so on last time. The finish will be staffed this year which will make it far more exciting to get there than the quite anticlimactical finish in an empty youth hostel last time...

OK, the finish wasn't that bad last time either :-) I'm dying to get there already! With a bit of luck with Jonas again.
 
One slight scare has been the hypothermic problem with my thighs on the weekend's 600 km ride. That sort of thing shouldn't happen. I'll let my legs recover a bit now, do a couple of easy rides on the weekend and then I think I'll ride Södertälje 600 km the weekend after as well, to hopefully restore some more confidence again. After that it's only a bit over a week before a loooong train trip up to Riksgränsen! 18 hours on a train makes you realise the distances we're talking about.
 
In less than a month.... if all goes well.
 
/Toni




No comments:

Post a Comment