Monday 23 June 2014

Ready.

Yes, I actually feel like I'm ready for Sverigetempot 2014 now. All 2109 km of it. Bring it on!

In one week I hope to be finished. Now is the stage when there is hardly any room for anything else in my brain and all my thoughts and energy rotate about which clothes to take, small bike details, how to pack everything, what to plan in the dropbags... Quite fun actually.

The final KBCK planning evening was a roaring success.

The KBCK corner in Lilla Barkarby; the Planning Pub



With quality planning like this, what can go wrong?

I picked up my bike from Norvelo before the weekend before we drove away for Midsummer. I tested all the new bits and pieces on a 60 km, great fun ride on Midsommar afton; mainly to at least get a few kms of training with time trial pins.

Grrrrr....

What was even better was that I could ride what was my favourite part of the route last time, between Hällefors and Älvestorp. This means I will be looking forward to this part in a few days. And small motivational ingredients like this make a big difference.

Midsummer smile.

I have now said goodbye to and been wished good luck by my family. Am waiting for the train to Riksgränsen, the bike is packed and so is my bag. A point of no return. I have 1.5 days there before our start and will work on a clever way to be tracked. Otherwise I will try and tweet (Toni Arndt, @kitzblitz) on the way and sverigetempot.se should have their blogg updated during the ride too.

But it feels good. I feel ready. And in a week I hope to have earnt my reward:

Tonitrophy.

/Toni





No comments:

Post a Comment