Friday 20 February 2015

Testing

Used my normal riding to work time this morning to ride on the Monark at home instead. I wanted to test some of the things I will need to do for the study soon: an all out 20 minutes and 8-minute intervals. The former will be a max test, the latter is what we will be training for six weeks (3x8). I did 20 and 2x8, all around about my threshold (290 W) with my pulse hovering around 90-92% max. It was bloody awful.

But afterwards felt pretty satisfied and completely wonderful :-) especially with my standard apres Monark treats: an espresso made in a traditional Italian cooking thing (good for digestion and livens you up), a little can of chili (digestion) and olive oil (fat) tuna (protein) brought back from Australia and water (water). I'm no nutrition expert and am only making all this up, but I do enjoy this as a treat. The thought of it keeps me going the last about 95% of each training session.
Yum!

Oh, by the way, if you try to ride to work on a Monark you don't get anywhere. When I realised I was stuck at home I realised I had to work there too. It was great, not only seriously productive, but also managed to conjure up a special lunch treat.
Carbohydrates, fat, vitamins, protein, pepper.

And a good day was had by all :-)

/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment