Sunday 8 February 2015

Reincarnation

I have been hopeless at writing, but do not despair, I am chirpy and well! Increased loads at work have meant that sometimes training has had to be deprioritised and writing here has always been even more deprioritised. Not an optimal situation but I'll deal with it. I am a little bit worried about my possibilities of being in the amazing form required for our sub-7 hours Vätternrundan plan, but will see how well I train the next few weeks before making a decision concerning participation. I really want that ride as a perfect leadup into the Paris-Brest-Paris summer...

I have been in Australia on a fantastic holiday with my family for 5 weeks with reasonable training, but most importantly I can tick off a 200 km brevet to get my account going for qualification for PBP this year! It was hot and as usual in those conditions I had troubles with cramp. I rode the whole ride solo, but thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. Especially the stop at Robertson's pie shop on the way back!
On my way to Tallowa Dam through hot Australian bush in the Kangaroo Valley.
 
The afterbike may have been a bit lonely compared to Lilla Barkarby, but a cold beer on Bulli beach wasn't too bad either.

Now back in Sweden the Monark has far too long been sulking in the corner, but finally got dragged out today for an hour's fun and games. After a bit of a cold the last week my pulse just shot through the sky, but it was nice to spin the legs anyway.

I then went for a run, mainly on Drevviken, the lake by our house, and that was just magic!

A slight change of scenery - but equally spectacular! Running past Badudden on Drevviken.

Have finished off with some core and arm work at home and feel like I've deserved a beer and a sauna now.

I'm back :-)

/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment