Saturday 8 March 2014

150 sunny solo

What a magic day! Despite legs that were never really awake right from the start, I scraped together a bit more than 150 km on Södertörn on the racer. It was a beautiful, sunny day although pretty windy, with an annoying headwind the first half and alot of sidewind the second half.


After a couple of hours I needed an excuse for a break so I stopped to take a photo showing off the picturesque roads around Söderby and a blue sky.
 
Seeing I had quite a bit of time I decided to ride the whole way to Torö and some of the roads on that ride are my absolute favorites.
 
The compulsory photo of a bike and The Rock on the pier on Torö.
 
I somehow never really had control over my energy and fluid levels but luckily I was alone so nobody noticed the small stops I took to eat and buy food and drink. Of course a lunch in Rosenhill was also part of the plan.
 
The highlight of the day?
 
I shared Rosenhill with about 50 motorcyclists and quite a few cyclists as well, but I didn't recognise any of them so I could sit quietly by myself in a corner and enjoy. The semla must have been powerful because for the rest of the ride my pulse disappeared completely from the Garmin!
 
The last bit was actually quite pleasant and I flew along in the tailwind on the section I call Happy Rosenhill Challenge; I just wish I had had fresh legs as it would have been a perfect opportunity to break my record.
 
Once I was home I showered quickly, slunk into the sofa and found a livestream of the Strade Bianche race in Italy and could follow Cadel & co in the finish. He was strong, but missed the deciding break at the end, but with a strong final climb came in 7th. Well done mate!
 
The weather in Tuscany was nearly as nice as on Södertörn! I wasn't brave enough to ride in shorts though. (Although it could nearly have been ok actually...)
 
Now my family's coming home soon and I'm looking forward to cooking a nice BIG meal for them. Cheers!
 
/Toni




No comments:

Post a Comment