Monday 21 April 2014

Frustration

I have had this nagging frustration inside me for quite a while now. Perhaps mainly because my dedicated priorityranking of 1. family - 2. cycling - 3. work - 4. blogg (:-)) has been disturbed with new responsibilities at work. For quite a while and definitely this morning I was starting to wonder whether places 2 and 3 on that list had been permanently exchanged.

Then the congress trip to Korea was an awakening as well with the international group of friends there. An absolutely fantastic feeling with both social and scientific exchange with friends from up to 20 years ago and always new and exciting people as well. Coming home after that is scary sometimes, when you realise that these people just aren't there for eachother apart from a few days a year. I really miss that and perhaps don't have the same work - friendship situation in Sweden.

So I've had this nagging frustration that didn't really even abate during our otherwise great Easter holiday.

Until today :-) Not only did I finally shave my legs for the upcoming season, which has surprising psychological effects. Not only was it fantastic weather. But my legs even felt fast considering the low key training over the last few weeks. I rode a 60 km TTTT - 4734 with 35 km/h over the first hour. Well, ok, I was alone so it's easy to say I was fast. BUT I FELT IT :-)

And looked this happy.

Oops, that didn't work. I'll blame it on my borrowed work mobile phone from about 1826. Still haven't got a new one...
 
There you go! More shaved in some places than others :-)
 
I then had a beer in the sun at home, then a beer in a nice bath and have now completely forgotten why I was frustrated half a day ago.
 
/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment