Sunday 20 April 2014

Comeback
A beautiful Easter weekend with sunshine, barbques and even a couple of swims is drawing to a close and this is the closest I got to riding:

A Pearl going 130 km/h
 
The water in central Sweden wasn't quite as warm as the air yet...

No not quite. But I have been using all my spare moments writing an application for funding for work, but have promised myself and my bike at least a couple of hours out in the sunshine this afternoon.

I spent a week in South Korea on a conference, which usually means a compulsory break in training. But having active conference friends means I got in a few runs and gym sessions, and the hotel gym even had a decent bike. Well decent enough to get me really tired anyway. Korea with its hospitable, friendly people, fascinating food (you can't miss the Chinese penis fish for example :-)), scenery and huge population is pretty exciting by the way and a visit there can only be recommended.

Hotel room view in Busan, Korea. Beautiful clear water and at least a few degrees warmer than at home :-)

Apart from a panicky feeling with missed training, which doesn't get better by coming back from trips and reading about the endless kilometers everybody else seems to be riding, there have been a few developments on the planning front. I will write more on that soon.

The best part is that there are a few 300 and 400 km brevets coming up and it looks like I can ride at least a few of them. That will feel like a real comeback! Yippeee!

/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment