Friday 7 February 2014

Restweek
First it was Saturday, then the weekend, then I didn't get a new tyre until Wednesday... Since my puncture last Friday I have had so much to do at work that I either 1. haven't had time to ride (or train at all for that matter) or 2. haven't had the energy to train in those gaps that did arise. Instead of a rest day or two its ended up being a whole RESTWEEK! I guess the frustration that builds up is somehow a good sign indicating that my body and brain are used to and need physical training.

I have recently started a new job and I still have to find a new routine for fitting in training sessions. Not just riding but a bit of gymwork and running as well.

Last night I got the new spiked tyres on the Klein and today my legs will at least get the 40 km to and from work. I'll do my a set of 4 - 10 - 4 - 2 min intervals on the way home. These are distances on the ride that I can easily push hard. That'll be fun!

This weekend I intend to combine a bit of Winter Olympics on TV with some interval work on the Monark and a longer outside ride on Sunday. I hope I will have the energy for it!

/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment