Friday 15 August 2014

The joys of pointless cycling.

Hi, remember me?! It's been a month now since I last scribbled something here. I had no real further ambitions for the cycling year after Sverigetempot. In fact I was sort of looking forward to an autumn of not even feeling like riding after that. But failing with my major goal of the year had the opposite effect; I've been itching to ride!

After a longer conference trip in the USA straight after Sverigetempot, our family drove around Sweden a bit on holidays. I had the bike with me and just went for spontaneous rounds when it was sunny and when I felt like it. In this way I ended up with some great rides between 70 and 100 km in Bergslagen and on Öland.

This is what bike care should always look like. A balmy evening on Öland. I might have gone for a ride the next day. Or not.

All previous years we have still been on holiday when Fredrikshofs Mälarenrunt, a 325 km ride around a lake has been on. But now I had to be back at work, the family was still on hoildays and I had no reason not to enter. I did so spontaneously and was even invited to be one of the captains of the "berserk" group :-) We did the name proud and rode like idiots on a really hot day and I had a ball! There are some photos on Mälarenrunt's homepage (me on page 2 - not sure I deserved the extra mention for pulling hard: everyone in the group was strong!). More on this ride also on bigmollo's blogg - so I don't need to say any more.

Now, even riding to and from work all week has been great. Today I could leave a bit early and instead of planning a long structured training ride, I just rode off in the sun to give the legs a bit of a workout and actually enjoy the lovely Södertörn scenery.

With a sparkle in his eyes.

I don't often stop here for 40 minutes on my rides! A big fat sandwich at Rosenhill Café.

Everytime I ride here I feel like stopping to take a picture of the sexy curves in this road. But normally it's in the middle of record attempts on Happy Rosenhill Challenge. Today I stopped.
 
 
Fast wheels, fast road,  intermittently fast legs.

The funny thing was that I road some parts faster than ever before anyway. And collapsed in between. Once again riding like an idiot and loving it :-) I got home happy and walked around for hours with frizzled legs.

How can  sitting on a piece of carbon with a bowl on my head and spinning my legs around in circles make me so happy?

No, don't tell me, that might spoil it.

/Toni

1 comment:

  1. Skön läsning Toni!
    Att du drog mer än nödvändigt runt Mälaren är det nog fler än jag som inte har några större problem att föreställa sig!
    Nu ska jag själv se till att få några mil av "pointless cycling" i benen innan det är dags för KBCK´s mytomspunna 20 mila på grus.

    Allt gott
    Niklas Z

    ReplyDelete